genre: action-adventure-RPG (fantasy)
engine: Emergent Game Technologies Gamebryo
- atmospheric/environmental effects
- clouds (moving, fade in/out?, thicken/thin?)
- water: fog (underwater), mist, ripples (+ rain), waves; pixel-shaded
- weather: dust storms, fog, lightning, rain; dynamic, gradual
- wind: lanterns?, sails, signs, tapestries?, trees, windchimes?; changes with weather?
- other: explosions, fire, smoke (chimneys?, fire, lava), sparks (lava, weapon impacts), steam (hotsprings?, lava?, machines?, pipes?); rotating stars; see particle effects
- collision detection: 2D (player character & NPC's feet remain level), 3D (horses only?, sometimes); character/NPCs can block doors?
- lighting: dynamic, colored, day-night cycle, looking at sun brightens view, flickering; fire, lanterns, lightning, spells, torches
- particle effects: blood, fire (+ embers), gas?, fountains, magical effects, mud splashes?, poison, smoke, sparks, steam, water mist?
- physics: Havok
- gravity: player, NPCs (ragdoll corpses), objects
- buoyancy: bodies, objects
- fabric: tapestries
- inertia, friction, momentum
- reflection: see environmental texture mapping; pixel-shaded water
- shadows: adjustment: length & vertical angle, polygonal, fading (whole); NPCs
- skeletal animation: yes
- skin: yes (but not all joints?)
- texture: 32-bit depth
- filtering: bilinear
- mapping: bump, environmental (glass, metal, etc), mip
- decals: blood splats
- transparency: cobwebs, blood, crystals, fire, glass, magical effects, poison, smoke, steam, water (+ mist)
- other: pixel-shading, bloom, HDR, SpeedTree
- customizable (race: 10, sex: multiple face/hair styles, class: 21?, skills: 21, outfit: armor, clothing)
- diseaseable/poisonable (which affects stats immediately/gradually)
- falls in battle when out of fatigue and staggers when hit
- persuade others through admiration, bribery, intimidation, and taunting
- raises arm to shield face during ash/blight storms?
- moves: cast spell, hit/shoot, jump, run, sneak, strafe, swim, walk
- view: 1st-/3rd-person
- pan: mouse (no keyboard turning)
- zoom: 3rd-person view (auto-resets rotation?)
- # levels: cells; 41km²(?) world split up into many cells
- location: Oblivion (fantasy world); castles, caverns, caves, cliffs, dungeons (400?), farms, hills, ruins, tombs, urban cities & villages (30?), volcano?
- cutscenes: 1?
- full-motion videos (FMVs): yes
- level editor: yes
- linear progression: no
- environmental interaction
- break: ?
- move: anything pickupable, push logs (1 scripted only?); see physics
- pickup (+ drop): see inventory
- ride: gondolas (stationary)?, horses, lifts/platforms
- search: bags, baskets, barrels, bodies, casks, cauldrons?, chests (normal, small?, drawer?), closets?, crates, cupboards, desks, hutches, kegs?, lecturns, pots (some), sacks, tables (some?), urns?
- other: create potions/spells, disarm traps?, eat, enchant items?, extinguish/start fire (lighthouse only?), open/close doors, pick locks/pockets, push buttons?, raise/lower bar door, read books/notes, repair armor/weapons, rest, sit (benches, chairs, stools, etc), sleep, turn (crank?, wheels)
- outdoor landscaping/terrain design: indoors and outdoors, very natural/organic
- puzzles: perform quests (find/retrieve items & people, kill things, learn about and report about things, etc)
- traps/hazards: blight storms (disease)?, falling (rocks, spikes?, too far), lava, mines, poison gas (plants, spells, traps), trapped door (swinging mace), trapped locks?
weapons: axes (battle, pick, etc), bows (long only?), clubs, daggers, hammers, maces, spears, staffs, swords (claymore, halberd, katana, saber?, wakizashi?); ammo: arrows (Chitin?, glass, iron, silver, steel), bolts
NPCs: 1000+ unique
- beetles?, Cliff Racers (giant birds)?, crabs, elves, ghosts, goblins, hounds?, humans, orcs?, rats, reptiles, vampires, wolves, worms?, zombies; various
- AI: alert nearby NPCs if notice theft, attack when attacked (+ when teamed up with character), idle actions (look around, hum, whistle?, make comments), look at player when entering room if noticed, NPC bodies/heads face/turn towards player, raise arm to shield face during ash/blight storms?, react relative to disposition towards character; more info?
- horse: attacks when attacked
inventory: alchemy equipment (alembics, calcinators, mortar & pestels, retorts), ammo/weapons (see weapons), armor (boots, bracers, gauntlets, helmets, pauldrons, shields), artifacts (cogs?, coheres?, cylinders?, tubes?), beakers?, bellows?, body parts (arms, finger, hands, heads, legs, torsos), bonemeal, bones, books, bottles, bowls, bricks, brooms, busts, calipers, candles (+ sticks)?, caps (mushroom, stinkhorn), cloth (bolts, folded), cloth, clothing (belts, clogs, gloves, hats, robes, pants, shirts, shoes, skirts), crystal ball, cups/glasses, cuttle, drinks (ale, beer, mead, wine), drums, dust (grave, vampire), ectoplasm, fangs, fishing poles?, flasks, flesh, flour, food (apples, blackberries, bread loaves, carrots, cheese: blue/cheddar/Olroy, rolls/wedge; corn, eggs?, garlic, grapes, ham, leeks, lettuce, onions, oranges, pears, potatoes, pumpkins, radishes, rice, strawberries, sweetcakes, sweetrolls, tomatoes, watermelons), gems/jewels (diamonds, ebony?, emeralds, pearls, rubies, sapphires, topaz), ginseng, glass, goblets, gold (coins, nuggets), grain (wheat), hearts, herbs, hides, hoes, hourglasses, inkwells, jelly?, jewelery (amulets, charms?, lockets?, rings), jerky?, jugs, ladels, lamps?, lanterns (glass, paper, travel)?, leather?, leaves, linens, lockpicks, lutes?, keys, meat (boar, crab, mutton, venison), nectar, nuts, oars, paint (brush jars, brushes, pallets), paintings, paper (crumpled pieces, parchments, notes), pearls, pelts (bear, lion, wolf), petals (bittergreen)?, pickaxes, pillows (burlap, cloth)?, pitchers, pitchforks, plants (lichen: black, green, red; various)?, planters, plates, plumes (racer)?, pods (ampoule, spore)?, portraits, potions, pots, probes?, quill pens, rakes, repair hammers(/prongs?), resin?, rolling pins?, roots (mandrake), salts (ash, fire, frost, void)?, scales, scrap metal?, scrolls, scythes, seeds, shears, shovels, skin?, skulls, soap?, soul gems, spools (thread)?, statuettes, stems?, stones, tankards, tongs, torches, utensils (forks, knives, spoons), vases, vials?, wax, yams?, yawn