Re: visible and unvisible data

Re: visible and unvisible data

Replies | Reply | Tomb Raider Level Editor & Utility Discussion Forum

Posted by BitShifter on July 24, 2000 at 07:21:12:

In reply to: visible and unvisible data posted by TB on July 23, 2000 at 14:57:47:

: Hi Bitshifter,

: I havenīt tried this but would it be possible to delete the 'unused' double tiles with Rhino? I re- thought the thing and remembered that RView does only show the visible data, the collisional data maybe is hidden.

It is. Think of them as crystal blocks with which the room is built. What you call the visible room is only bitmap walpaper hung over points that happen to coincide with the sector coordinates. Waterfall are such wallpaper with no colisional blocks: that is why Lara can walk through them.

: Maybe deleting the tiles of visible data doesnīt affect the other information stored to this sector, the same effect u have when using Rhino to distort the roomīs surface.

*All* room effects are stored in the sectors. These are invisible. The only visible thing in a room are the polygons bearing bitmaps.

: This would clean up the rooms a little. I did some remodelling with Rhino and deleted the vertical meshes between blocks. Well, no effect to see but itīs much more easier to work w/ this room data in Rhino, now.

When I took a look into the rooms of the custom stone level, I found out there were thousnads of vertices that were not used to draw any polygons, as if someone had generated a kind of mesh of points following the sectors coordinates. These could all be deleted, I suppose. I wonder if all TR level are that cluttered or if it was only an artifact of that custom level.

: Iīll try this out today

Sure. Come back and tell us.

: TB

Replies:

Name:

Email:

Subject:

Optional
Link URL:

Link Title:

Image URL:

Replies | Reply | Tomb Raider Level Editor & Utility Discussion Forum