Re: Special level settings

Re: Special level settings

Replies | Reply | Tomb Raider Level Editor & Utility Discussion Forum

Posted by TB on July 31, 2000 at 17:10:12:

In reply to: Special level settings posted by Bart on July 31, 2000 at 11:34:13:

Hi Bart,

Odjoīs right, all weapon and backpack settings are done in tombpc.dat. The vehicles for level start might be, too. Well, some thoughts about that;

-we still cannot be sure how the engine handles the Lara-vehicle combination. If the boat or whatever will become a mesh in Laraīs mesh history we should be able to see that in an apropriate level with TRViewer (not sure on that, just an idea) just like the weapons. When you look at boat.tr2 youīll find the boat in the movable list as movable12 which contains exactly two meshes (44 and 45). The boat itself and the stearing wheel.

-As far as I know gameflow appeared with TR2 gold and I canīt remember a level where Lara has the snowmobile from start.

-There arenīt any combinations like Lara-with-medpack, if she picks it up, the medpack disappears into her bag. Both, picking up things and entering the boat are actions you canīt stop if you have started them once. This is because the action itself is an animation that leads to a result (having goodies in your bag or sitting in the boat)

-There are some other things I havenīt tested at all but I donīt think that using the breakable windows in TR2 are implemented in TRItem. How does the engine know when the bulets hit the glas?

Maybe we know more about that when we finally got the info where the animations (Lara running, goon shoots at Lara and so on...) are stored. They seem not to be in the meshes, I think so there must be some extra data.

Well, some more things to think of, after all.....

CYA

TB

BTW does anyone know what Evgeniīs working on?

Replies:

Name:

Email:

Subject:

Optional
Link URL:

Link Title:

Image URL:

Replies | Reply | Tomb Raider Level Editor & Utility Discussion Forum