Re: Simple Idea

Re: Simple Idea

Replies | Reply | Tomb Raider Level Editor & Utility Discussion Forum

Posted by Tomb Biker on July 31, 2000 at 17:43:48:

In reply to: Simple Idea posted by Tijay on July 31, 2000 at 12:13:07:

Hi TiJay,

oh, I remembered that times well when level construction was easy. But the times have changed. TR is a 3D game and so level editing became a real pain in the ass. ya see, this isnīt just clicking some stones together and have phun, If you want to have the true TR feeling you have to do much more. There is remodelling like Kev does (and I do actually) and thereīs quite a lot of block variations you can use. Still, the lookīnīfeel of TR might not be in the level if the textures and the lights arenīt right.
So, if you did that you place some enemies somewhere in the level and try it out. After playing you might think 'God, itīs so brain-dead boring!' And so you have to start over again.
I also remembered the time before TR when I played Duke3D for a short period and got bored to death by stoopid custom levels w/ out any soul or any real good idea (in fact thatīs another reason why /Eidos/Core doesnīt want to see any custom levels).
The tools you find here are still work-in-progress. The GUI in some of the progs is far away from being simple but if you donīt know what to expect behind the next corner the functionality comes first. Otherwise ya spend loads of time changin the GUI over and over again.
There might be some dragīnīdrop features in the future but donīt expect creating good levels just by that.

Hey, stay tuned to this site and watch out for any news.

CYA

TB

Replies:

Name:

Email:

Subject:

Optional
Link URL:

Link Title:

Image URL:

Replies | Reply | Tomb Raider Level Editor & Utility Discussion Forum