Re: Textures on raised floors

Re: Textures on raised floors

Replies | Reply | Tomb Raider Level Editor & Utility Discussion Forum

Posted by BitShifter on August 08, 2000 at 11:43:17:

In reply to: Textures on raised floors posted by TB on August 07, 2000 at 12:48:30:

: Hi Bart, Hi Roy,

: I´ve been here with that question some weeks (months???) ago but haven´t recieved any answer yet. When looking at TREditor´s (VTexture´s) texture table, I saw that some of the textures have this diagonal violet line. Is the special purpose of those to assign them to the triangular faces or what (my first guess)? I tried this but always got the same effect as when using them with normal faces (kinda distorted).

Yes, that's exactly what it is.

: The next thing is; since I do my own textures (sounds easier than it is...) I recognized that the original textures appear only once if you export them but can be seen twice in Vtexture ( one with, the other without this mystical line). Some of them even appear more often but my custom textures only appear once.
: So, if anyone knows the right use for them and how to build them, please post it here.

: Thanks

: TB

Texture are independant of the texture strip a.k.a. the texture bitmap itself. The texture bitmap that you can export with Jackis like a canvas on which you can define the texture themselves. The texture are defined in four places in the level file in the form of list of coordinates and other parameters: texture, animated textures, sprites and animated sprites.

Get my progrm TextureAssign and a copy of the Rosetta document. What you can change when you want to modify textures is edit the lists themselves and saving it back to the level.

I have taken the custom Stone TR2 level and modified texture in it just to show what cen be done. The new level is in tr2 format (no need to compile of some sh*t like that) and is instatly playable by the TR2 demo engine. You can download it from my second site at www.geocities.com/richmansoft/main.html

Replies:

Name:

Email:

Subject:

Optional
Link URL:

Link Title:

Image URL:

Replies | Reply | Tomb Raider Level Editor & Utility Discussion Forum