Re: You're forgetting "something"...

Re: You're forgetting "something"...

Replies | Reply | Tomb Raider Level Editor & Utility Discussion Forum

Posted by TB on August 19, 2000 at 10:23:12:

In reply to: You're forgetting "something"... posted by Vagrant on August 18, 2000 at 21:43:45:

Hi Kev,

as I said, I do not know much about other engines. This is because the TR scenery was the first game to wake a "real" interest in the wasteland of my mind windings.

I saw people doing impossible things and that is just what Iīm talking of. See, there are some really good open source engines in the Web. So, why should there no talented programmer (I donīt talk about myself)be able to change it that way that it could read the TR data, w/ right coordinates, wolfes, tigers and even Lara? OK, world coordinates in TR and in Crystal Space (thereīs one for Windows, too) are nearly identical, this is our first step....
I do not talking about having this tomorrow and, of course, I know that thereīs still one 'perfect' engine to come. I just started thinking the programmerīs thoughts that people had when the first 3D engine came to live (there was one on C64 that nearly looked like MSīs screensaver but was 5 times faster).

Besides that I still keep on working w/ TR engine and that levels....

CYA

TB

Replies:

Name:

Email:

Subject:

Optional
Link URL:

Link Title:

Image URL:

Replies | Reply | Tomb Raider Level Editor & Utility Discussion Forum