Staircase, curves, & pyramid

Staircase, curves, & pyramid

Replies | Reply | Tomb Raider Level Editor & Utility Discussion Forum

Posted by David Heinrich on October 31, 2002 at 14:03:39:

I have a few things I want to do but can't quite figure out.

I want to create a stair-case like in Red-Alert of TR5, where the stairs are hollowed out on the bottom (that is, you can look at them from the side and see their under-side). Yet, I'm having problems joining the rooms to do this. Any suggestions?

I also want to make some angled surfaces...I want to make a three-sided pyramid, yet I can't figure out how to make a 3-sided structure. Anyone got any suggestions?

Btw, I have some other ideas. Since in TR4, water doesn't seek ground level, but is simply confined to the room you put it in, I was thinking it would be neat to have a "room" composed of several rooms, where there was standing water and you could run into it...i.e., floating water.

It really annoys me that the TRLE is so rigid, and that TR4&5 have so many annoying bugs. In the level editor for Descent 2, I could easily create angled blocks and what-not. Also, even in Descent 1 (released in, what, '93?), there were basically no bugs. Physics were perfect, you didn't fly through walls, etc etc. Is it really so much to ask of Eidos that Lara not step through walls? I hope they resolve these problems in TR6.

Replies:

Name:

Email:

Subject:

Optional
Link URL:

Link Title:

Image URL:

Replies | Reply | Tomb Raider Level Editor & Utility Discussion Forum