This is whatcha do...

This is whatcha do...

Replies | Reply | Tomb Raider Level Editor & Utility Discussion Forum

Posted by TRVet on November 12, 2002 at 21:35:00:

In reply to: How the heck do you play a newly created level? posted by D. Archia on March 02, 2002 at 18:04:43:

Step 1: Click Project and select "Output Wad"
Step 2: Save your .trx file as the wad you used. (Ex: You used the tut1.was file. Therefore, you would save your .trx file as tut1.trx)
Setp 3: Open your "Level Converter"
Step 4: Click "Edit Script"(or whatever, I'm doing this from memory) button.
Step 5: Find your .trx file. Open it.
Step 6: Click "Build All"
If you want to change the name and the background sound file, you open script.txt.
Step 1: Find the level you want to rename. (Ex. PLayable Tutorial Level)
Step 2: On the first line, overwrite the level name with your own.
Step 3: Use this only to change the background sound file: On the bottom line, after it says level= data/tut1,XXX or something like that. replace XXX with the the # of the sound file in the Audio folder(search around in the trle folder, you'll find it). Ex: You want to use a sound file named 106.wav. Your new line should read data/tut1,106.
Step 4: Save changes. Exit.
Step 5: Open English.txt.
Step 6A: Find PLayable Tutorial Level and overwrite it with the EXACT same name you used in you script.txt file.
Step 6B: Overwrite the Empty Slot line with the EXACT same name you used in you script.txt file.
*Step 7: Open the MSDOS prompt. Ex: Default location: C:\Program Files\Core Design\TRLE\Script
Step 8: It should say C:/WINDOWS>. Type cd..
*Step 9: It should now say C:>. Type this EXACTLY: cd progra~1\corede~1\trle\script
Step 10: It should now say C:\Program Files\Core Design\TRLE\Script>
Step 11: Now type Script Script.txt.
Step 12: It's going to say some stuff about like, FRENCH.TXT. Ignore that. Close MSDOS Prompt.
Step 13: Go to your Script folder. Move the english.dat and script.dat into your TRLE folder. It may produce a strings.h file. Ignore that. Now you're done!
*If your TRLE folder is not located in the path used here, use windows explorer to find the folder/drive that it's installed on. After you find the Windows path, type in dir /p in the prompt when it says **X:> to see what your folder is named as in MSDOS. You should know, the names will be similar, yet the MSDOS name will abreviated. You can find it. Type it in as it appears in the dir listing. That's as clear as I know how to make it. Go buy a MSDOS Manual if you're totally confused. I hope I was of some help!
**X in place of your drive name. Default: C:>

Replies:

Name:

Email:

Subject:

Optional
Link URL:

Link Title:

Image URL:

Replies | Reply | Tomb Raider Level Editor & Utility Discussion Forum