Re: Help ! I need the Mansion from TR3 as PRJ / TGA files...

Re: Help ! I need the Mansion from TR3 as PRJ / TGA files...

Replies | Reply | Tomb Raider Level Editor & Utility Discussion Forum

Posted by Pierre on January 22, 2003 at 15:12:52:

In reply to: Help ! I need the Mansion from TR3 as PRJ / TGA files... posted by Dave on December 29, 2002 at 19:34:04:

: I would like to build a level based on the training mansion from TR3. I have the HOUSE.TR2 file but can't find a utility to convert it to the PRJ and TGA files that the Room Editor (that comes with TR Chronicles) needs. Can anyone help ?

: The Room Editor seems easier to use than the TREED editor. Is one any better than the other ?

: Thanks,

: Dave.
You'd down load some tools from internet,right TR2WAD,to import object,TRWEST and TEXTURE EDIT.(if you did'nt).TR2WAD import object from file .dat,while TRWEST is the means to import it in a new .wad.BE AWARE! The object you're importing will be listed by TRWEST according the TR4 list,and not according the TR3 list.I.E: if you import the 23-th object in TR3 it will hold its name in TR2WAD,but when you use the TRWEST to create a new WAD,the object will be named according the 23-th object of TR4!This means if yuo import a active object, and his number of sequence is a number of a static object,as a forniture,or architetture object,the object will do just the way a static object do.The texture will be captured by RWIEW46 (another download item)then may capture the whole panel of textures with any draw editor.Afterword by means TEXTURE EDIT can draw texture in the new texture files according its shape(usualy is fit 67x65).Finally you must remember to use pre existent file name .wad,for in the building up a file .tom,will be checked the existence the file with the same name and exstension .lar,.sam,.sfx,.CD,.swd,.If they lack programm will crash last the run.(You otherwise may copy file with this exstension but with another name,then change the name as you like,the building up will do equally well.)
Thats enough.What about?Hope helped you and soon to enjoy your level.

Replies:

Name:

Email:

Subject:

Optional
Link URL:

Link Title:

Image URL:

Replies | Reply | Tomb Raider Level Editor & Utility Discussion Forum