Re: HELP needed !

Re: HELP needed !

Replies | Reply | Tomb Raider Level Editor & Utility Discussion Forum

Posted by BitShifter on May 04, 2000 at 07:04:07:

In reply to: HELP needed ! posted by rgbold on May 04, 2000 at 00:49:54:

: ...Problem is with the enemies...the items/switches work
: fine. Problem is that the lion/bear etc. always runs to the corner Laura starts
: in and stays there trying to get thru the wall.
: The crude box/overlap data I use is just to cover the area of the room
: as one big box (less 0x400 each side);
: I thought I understood how the box/overlap/zone info worked but DID something
: in the AI change? Like I said, works fine in TR1.

: Any help greatly appreciated , want to get this up this weekend.

Just shooting off my mouth in case it makes sense. Is not the box thing an area where the enemy is "aware" of Lara and makes it attack her when She is in the box. Or is the box an area where the enemy is constrained to remain until made 'aware" of Lara (like those guards who walk around and just grunt even though Lara is inches away but safe on the other side of a glass) ?

In that case, when you start the level, the enemy already "knows" where Lara is and gets there soonest. Like in the Fools Gold thing where a leopard is attacking the wall as Lara is climbing down to the floor of the crevasse (it the place where she can jump over it with a skidoo, just after she finds it.)

Maybe have a smaller box into which, if Lara does not walk into, the enemy will not attack. Unless there is something I really don't get...

As for attacking the wall, maybe there is an overlap thing like the collisional room basic square that have to be...or maybe a underlap ??

Replies:

Name:

Email:

Subject:

Optional
Link URL:

Link Title:

Image URL:

Replies | Reply | Tomb Raider Level Editor & Utility Discussion Forum