TRsound info

TRsound info

Replies | Reply | Tomb Raider Level Editor & Utility Discussion Forum

Posted by Bart on May 04, 2000 at 22:52:32:

In reply to: Re: Please explain posted by Turbo Pascal on May 04, 2000 at 13:32:01:

: Don't worry about those above fields, you are making a tool for editing just the
: main.sfx so you dont need to deal with the TR2 file format.

OOf..
: The main.sfx is a collect of wav files, so replace/adding/editing them will
: be enough.

I allready thought that..

: I Think that nobody us know what restriction has those wavs, but
: you can inspect inside the main.sfx to check what is the size for the most biger
: wav, and check if all wavs has the same frecuency (16Kh,22kH,44kh), the same
: sample_size (8 bit or 16bit) and if are STEREO or MONO.
: Those info is stored in the heading of each wav. thease info will tell us
: what kind of wav can be used on main.sfx.

My program also checks or the imported wavs are of the same wav-type (like frequency/sample rate/channels) and says if these aren't correct. It also records the new wavs with these same wav-info.Tomb Raider 3 main.sfx's have other restrictions than Tomb Raider 2 ones.

: Also after you release the tools the people can test it and they will found
: if exist some restrictions for the wavs.

I hope, than I can update the tool.
:
: Just one question about your tool: It is a stand alone Executable file? or we
: will need to get your languaje programming package or runtime files for run it?

You'll need the program with it's runtimes. You need these bacause I guess nobody of you would have labVIEW at home...
The whole setup file is 3 MB. I'll try to create a own (simple)web for it so that eep2 doesn't have problems with uploading it and whatever.
If I find a web site with reasonably web space, I will create for each update a new setup (3 MB) and an update or the executable only in a zip (500 KB)
From today, I can't respond for two days, so any questions after this would have to wait two days... Goodbye!

Replies:

Name:

Email:

Subject:

Optional
Link URL:

Link Title:

Image URL:

Replies | Reply | Tomb Raider Level Editor & Utility Discussion Forum