Sample indices

Sample indices

Replies | Reply | Tomb Raider Level Editor & Utility Discussion Forum

Posted by Stefan on May 05, 2000 at 00:46:23:

In reply to: Re: Please explain posted by Turbo Pascal on May 04, 2000 at 13:32:01:

: : : bitu32 NumSoundDetails; // number of sound-detail records to follow (4 bytes)
: : : tr2_sample_info SoundDetails[NumSoundDetails]; // sound-detail list (NumSoundDetails * 8 bytes)
: : : bitu32 NumSampleIndices; // number of sample indices to follow (4 bytes)
: : : bitu32 SampleIndices[NumSampleIndices]; // sample indices (NumSampleIndices * 4 bytes)

:
: Don't worry about those above fields, you are making a tool for editing just the
: main.sfx so you dont need to deal with the TR2 file format.

I don't think so - this is the reason why I don't have a replace option in SoundJack.

The Sample Indices are pointers to the wav files. They point to the beginning of each wav files in main.sfx.

There are 408 wav samples in the tr2 main.sfx. If you replace wav nr. 1 with an
other sample that is 1 byte longer you have change the position of all other samples for 1 byte. So all other 407 indices point to an wrong position. Maybe thats the problem. I don't have tried it, but I think thats the problem.

Sorry for my bad english, but for all german people out there again in german:

Iich glaube das die sample indices Pointer auf die main.sfx sind. Das Problem ist wenn man ein wav aus der main.sfx durch ein längeres ersetzt, dann verschieben sich alle anderen dahinterliegenden Wavs. Und somit zeigen die Pointer nicht mehr auf die Wavs, sondern irgendwohin. Das könnte ein Problem darstellen, weiß es aber nicht genau, weil ich noch nie versucht habe Wavs auszutauschen. Das ganze ist auch der Grund warum es keine Import Funktion in SoundJack! gibt.

Stefan

Replies:

Name:

Email:

Subject:

Optional
Link URL:

Link Title:

Image URL:

Replies | Reply | Tomb Raider Level Editor & Utility Discussion Forum