Re: RE: Great idea, as long as...

Re: RE: Great idea, as long as...

Replies | Reply | Tomb Raider Level Editor & Utility Discussion Forum

Posted by Tomb Biker on May 23, 2000 at 17:06:59:

In reply to: RE: Great idea, as long as... posted by JHN on May 23, 2000 at 13:31:57:

Hi JHN,

GNU is different to that what we do. GNU e.g. the General Public License means that the source is free from third-party rights. As you know Core/Eidos created Lara and Tomb Raider and all the levels, textures and so on. They also created the level format. This is the point we are alowed to play the levels, we are alowed to look at how they are working and maybe we are alowed to do things better e.g. coding our own games NOT based on their code or character.

What we do is reverse engeneering and thus itīs illegal (hack, I hate this word..)

There are loads of other games where fans programmed level editors (hey, quake and Duke and...) The companies behind these games helped those fans and that was really great.

Anyway, I donīt understand Core/Eidos, but some of their reactions in the pas has shown what they do with us fans (I REALLY bought every TR game except Lost Artifact)if we are "breaking the law". If you want to know more about this check out EEPīs startpage (http://tnlc.com/eep/tr/editor.html) and read the introduction (really, itīs frustrating but keep smiling We WILL HAVE our editor sooner or later)

CU

TB

Replies:

Name:

Email:

Subject:

Optional
Link URL:

Link Title:

Image URL:

Replies | Reply | Tomb Raider Level Editor & Utility Discussion Forum