Comments for Turbo Pascal and Rgbold

Comments for Turbo Pascal and Rgbold

Replies | Reply | Tomb Raider Level Editor & Utility Discussion Forum

Posted by Bart on May 30, 2000 at 10:03:07:

Thank you very much!
The new TReditor includes all small changes I always wanted to see!
I'm learning all new aspects of Treditor and Rgbold and how to combine them together. All my levels are one-room based and sometimes a few rooms.
I actually builed a few months ago a level for tr1 with about 20 rooms.
It never finished because the new Treditor arrived with tr2/tr3 support. TRitem wasn't out at the moment.
Now I have very little time to create a large level but in 2/3 weeks time I have very much time! Then I'll start and if it's an interesting level, I will post it on my site.

But about the new TReditor; the is raining flag doesn't work at all.
Some info, I used the .tre from you ( didn't rain) and created a room myself (didn't rain). My base is jung;e.tr2 from the tr3 full version and the engine (and tombpc.dat) from the Pacific demo.

Maybe a room has to have the raining flag AND it must be flagged in tombpc.dat
This is TRUE: Renaming house.tr2 to 'can't remember the name from the tr3 gold demo level' and when you play it, (using tr3 gold demo) it's raining in the house.tr2 ... Strange....

To Rgbold: It would be GREAT to show the room in 3d and then the items and enemies etc. in 3d also on the 3d room mesh!
But I understand, like you said, it would be a long time to go before this would be in Tritem.
Also thank you for trying to put in the play cd track. Thank you very much!
This could also be just like the cameras: triggered when walk on block, or when pushing a switch.
About the camera-adding problem, I saw it also, but I forgot to let you know, but somebody else did, and now it's fixed, and that's what it's all about.

For box layout, It seems (like Turbo Pascal says) it shouldn't be used with the new TReditor, how about this?

Replies:

Name:

Email:

Subject:

Optional
Link URL:

Link Title:

Image URL:

Replies | Reply | Tomb Raider Level Editor & Utility Discussion Forum