Re: GooseEgg tr3/4 support

Re: GooseEgg tr3/4 support

Replies | Reply | Tomb Raider Level Editor & Utility Discussion Forum

Posted by Mongoose on June 08, 2000 at 11:51:45:

In reply to: GooseEgg tr3/4 support posted by Bart on June 08, 2000 at 09:31:02:

: I thought GooseEgg would be a very cool program, but I must confess it dissapointed me a little bit. I mean, it is a nice program, but not for level editing use. Maybe he will implement the room editor in it.

GooseEgg is modeler first, I'm busy working on Soilder of Fortune, GLX, and Quake3 support as well as TR3 and TR4. Yes, a Room Editor mode is being worked on... this is a one man project, so it takes time. It's more important I get MD3 ( Quake3 ) support in before I do TR native exports ( .tr4, .tr2, .phd, ... ) I add features by user demand, and I recieve more demand and support for SoF than TR.

: But as for now, I can only view Lara and I don't even know how to edit her / and how to edit the level. I think your changes can't even be saved in the new level. But if the room editor function comes in, it may become a very, very nice program.

Read the README about how to shift edit modes and load maps. You can only export in EGG format right now - so things like item placement and etc can't be saved atm. You can only edit geometery and textures of lara and the levels atm. The backend will soon look more like the GHOUL modeling format with support for model radiosity, bolt-ons, and tags. ( GHOUL is state of the art, and this is the future of modeling. )

This was the first input/request I had for TR in weeks, yet I get SoF and Q3A requests everyday. If you have comments and requests email me, or even better join the GooseEgg email list and voice your opinion. ( Click on eList link on GooseEgg site to subscribe ) Do a search for wincvs to get a win32 CVS client, the cvsweb is a poor way to update your source.

http://gooseegg.sourceforge.net

Replies:

Name:

Email:

Subject:

Optional
Link URL:

Link Title:

Image URL:

Replies | Reply | Tomb Raider Level Editor & Utility Discussion Forum