Re: Tiger 2 Rhino conversion

Re: Tiger 2 Rhino conversion

Replies | Reply | Tomb Raider Level Editor & Utility Discussion Forum

Posted by Tomb Biker on June 21, 2000 at 04:43:34:

In reply to: Tiger 2 Rhino conversion posted by vagrant on June 20, 2000 at 17:39:03:

Hi Kev,

: TB, If someone could deform the tiger into a rhino...
: a good idea; has it been tried?

Well, Iīve never seen one or heard about that but Iīve modified the quadīs weels and Iīm right on remodeling it into a trike.

: not knowing how TR games do it; I do know that in a
: game such as Quake(UnReal,etc), if you can get your
: hands on the "baseframe" .3ds model
: of an animation sequence & change it; the sequence will
: play it..(are these the "baseframes"? Y or N?

: if the only stipulation in TR is that the new "baseframe"
: needs to be the same number of vertices,meshes, etc...
: that's easy enough,TRviewer counts them for you.

This is our clue, we could use the behaviour of the existing models as long as we donīt know how to change the baseframe or skeletal animation or whatever. Back to my weels; I changed the meshes #32, #33, #35 and #36 in quadchas.tr2 base level and corrected slightly their position in the moveable . All of the rest is done by the engine.
However, the thing with our rhino might be a little different because the movements of the tiger might not fit. I saw a short demo about and done by character studio and saw some figures doing exactly the same movements although they looked completely different. The skeletal animation was the same the only thing they changed was the length of each body part. Maybe in itīs the same in the TR engine?

: however, I can not extract a model from the TRviewer
: all at once(how do you do this?) only the meshes, one by one..
: which is not good,it's not accurate enough.

Right, thatīs not possible at the moment but I remembered a tool that extracted the complete Lara all at once. The howabouts must be somwhere out there.

: so, if someone would "send me a TR Tiger" I'll
: make a Rhino out of it...(in Rhino3D) ...deal?
: thanks, interesting idea...Kev

: incidently, rather than "UV map" models, I spraypaint directly
: onto them w/ the QuakeMe model editor(yes, it does the .3ds
: file format; surprised?)so, I'd paint it, save the Rhino skin
: and add them back over
: the Tiger.bmps w/ Jack & Photoshop

Hey, would be great. Iīve tried to do the same with the tyres but diddnīt found the textiles for them. I didnīt do much in 3DS R3 and itīs different to the older versions in some points. I didnīt manage to wrap my own textiles around the wheel correctly so I used two meshes. Well, this worx but if you look at it from a distance you can see a flicker around the second cylinder. Maybe I should try Rhino?

Replies:

Name:

Email:

Subject:

Optional
Link URL:

Link Title:

Image URL:

Replies | Reply | Tomb Raider Level Editor & Utility Discussion Forum