Rhino level creation - the basics

Rhino level creation - the basics

Replies | Reply | Tomb Raider Level Editor & Utility Discussion Forum

Posted by Will. H on June 21, 2000 at 14:24:28:

This level editing stuf is tuff. I've tried to build a room in TREditor, saved it, opened it in RView only to discover the room to be 100 miles below the camera and absolutly nothing like what it should. I've managed to get Rhino working, so basic room creation in that seems a good option. In adition to the specific questions i'veput here (the ones that have been seriously eating me), can someone also give me a short rundown on how they create levels in Rhino from start to finish, also incorporating other tools eg TR Item.

OK, I have not got a clue. Let me get this straight. You cannot open the whole level in Rhino, just the individula rooms. Anything I create has to be of the same geometry as TR's block system. The big question!!! I have the latest version of RView. When I import the .dxf file, will it re-callibrate the collision detection to the rooms new mesh??

Also, can someone give me instructions as to what I need to put in the grid setting boxes to make the grid the same sizes as the blocks.

I suppose thats it for now.

Man, we need a regular FAQ in this board like AGT!

Many, many thanks
Will

Replies:

Name:

Email:

Subject:

Optional
Link URL:

Link Title:

Image URL:

Replies | Reply | Tomb Raider Level Editor & Utility Discussion Forum