workaround

workaround

Replies | Reply | Tomb Raider Level Editor & Utility Discussion Forum

Posted by TB on June 29, 2000 at 08:59:05:

In reply to: Re: Hey, strange... posted by Turbo Pascal on June 28, 2000 at 18:34:44:

Hi Turbo,

: hmmm...is working fine this level in the game?, tr1, tr2, tr3?
: maybe is not Opengl problems then,
: My read tr file format for my engine has some limits, ( 255 rooms, 1000 textures for each room etc).
: maybe your customs levels overflow this limit,
: What is the length/wide for the room?, how much room are in the level?, how much
: textures?,
: Send me the TRe, i will check it.

:
: Turbo Pascal.
:

Well, itīs exactly like that. The rooms work fine in TR (I only use TR2 or TR3 at the moment because there is no TR1 patch for my card so it looks awful). Iīm not that far with the rooms, now because there are lots of things I try within (changing meshes, enemies textures, creating new enemies like 'Mr. Bones') so the maximum of rooms/textures that you sat is untouched up to now.
But I found out that a level created by TREdit and NOT changed by TRItem donīt cause the described probs. And this is what Iīm doing now. Iīll try to build a small test level to provoke the point when the probs start. Then Iīll send a copy to both, Roy and you. I havenīt much time during the next days because there are some exams to be done (Hack, there isnīt a single one thatīs involved with TR ;-) )

Thank you,

TB

Replies:

Name:

Email:

Subject:

Optional
Link URL:

Link Title:

Image URL:

Replies | Reply | Tomb Raider Level Editor & Utility Discussion Forum