I donīt mind the original tool....

I donīt mind the original tool....

Replies | Reply | Tomb Raider Level Editor & Utility Discussion Forum

Posted by Tomb Biker on July 07, 2000 at 14:58:21:

In reply to: Re: TReditor 3d suggestions (try 2) posted by Bart on July 07, 2000 at 10:08:03:

Hi Bart, hi Turbo, hi Roy

I looked at that pictures some weeks ago and had the same idea as you. But then I thought about old 3DSmax (the one that was pretty near the DOS environment) and found that RoomEdit looks quite similar to this, too. There are some things I would do different to RoomEdit.

- It might have some advantages to have all features in one single window but at least think of the people using 800x600 rez. I have 1280x1024 and sometimes thatīs still not enough.

- As I posted below I use TR3, TREdit, RView, TRItem and TRViewer at the same time. This worx great except the 'guess where' in TREdit and the missing reload feature in TRItem. Maybe someone could hack the TR engine so that one would be able to restart a game without taking the step over the start screen. I donīt mind doing this but the alternative for everyone else could be a proggy that worx like a shell. U have menus, icons or what you want for every single app that has to do with and maybe the tools could be built as, well.. kind plugin or so?

-The original RoomEdit maybe insnīt the only tool Core used because as Turbo pointed out there seems no way to place the tiles or even 'glue' them together. I remembered another screen shot from one of the sites that EEP listed some time ago and that thang looked like 3DS or some other CAD soft. Maybe this was a plugin?

- Also it would be a great feature to have something like FastByteīs viewer to display a whole level in wireframe mode to check the look of it.

Well, I donīt mind the original because your tools look quite better by now.

THX

TB

Replies:

Name:

Email:

Subject:

Optional
Link URL:

Link Title:

Image URL:

Replies | Reply | Tomb Raider Level Editor & Utility Discussion Forum