Re: Question to Turbo

Re: Question to Turbo

Replies | Reply | Tomb Raider Level Editor & Utility Discussion Forum

Posted by Turbo Pascal on July 13, 2000 at 16:29:51:

In reply to: Question to Turbo posted by Tomb Biker on July 13, 2000 at 14:44:42:

: Today I´m here with a problem that belongs to portals and their views. If you :make two rooms, connect them by side portals and watch that in TR3, sometimes :it :happens that you can´t see parts of the other room when you stand in front :of :the portal. Same with look-around option, the tiles start appearing one by :one.
: First I thought that this must be a problem of room size but I checked some TR

hmm..yes i think that the camera position need some fix, like you said standing
front a portal and using the "insert" key to move around the camera, cause the
portal get noted, but this should not be severe, (just a flash sometimes).
For portals sides the "portal view" normaly is placed at the border tile (where the portal attrib is), but if for some reason you overlap more that 2 rows/lines then the "portal view" need to be placed one tile front/back.

:levels where rooms are much bigger than the ones I used for testing. Some :similar about underwater rooms. By the time you reach the water surface (after :taking a swim ) the whole underwater room suddenly disappears and Lara sits in :a black hole. Maybe this is a camera problem? I noticed that the camera :position in original levels is slightly different as in levels created by :TREdit. Maybe I did something wrong, so Í might send the test files to you.

Hmm..for top/down portals view i never had a problem, so maybe is a bad
implementation from you, (i said maybe), i found that people like to
put one big down portal view covering severals tiles, but those tiles (i mean the floor) has diferent heights.
The people never note that treditor automaticly calc the portal height using
the height from the tile where the portal view is placed (the tile where you click for put the portal view).
So make sure that the height for THAT tile has the correct height needed
for implement the horizontal portal, but if this tile is slightly moved up/down
you will get a bad horizontal implementation.

But sent me the tre so i can check it.

Thanks man, take care.

Turbo Pascal.

different sizes

: TB

Replies:

Name:

Email:

Subject:

Optional
Link URL:

Link Title: