|Object Creation Guides/Help Files/Tutorials/Info/Etc|
- Active Worlds, Inc. (AWI)
- Alterlinks' Active Worlds Tutorials: RWX Guide, 3DS/COB-RWX conversion
- Criterion's RenderWare 2.1 Script Reference: Direct from Criterion (although not anymore), this script reference will give you a more detailed, in-depth look into RenderWare script commands. (This is part of the API Reference—see next link.)
- Criterion's RenderWare 2.1 API Reference: More insanity from Criterion. If you're really crazy about RenderWare scripting (or just bored), you'll want to wrack your brain on this for a while...
- RenderWare 2.0 API Help (463K/Windows): A Microsoft Windows help file (.hlp; ) version of the API Reference. Not much in the way of scripting commands has changed from RenderWare 2.0 to 2.1 (and from 2.1 to AW3+'s RWX implementation), so this is still useful and handy without having to go to Criterion's site (which no longer has it anyway).
Grover's Renderware Tutorial (local copy): Grover has redone his original RenderWare walk-through, complete with more detail, graphic examples, and a new look.
- Dataman's Making RWX Models for Active Worlds: Some more general info.
- Glaucius Décio Duarte's RenderWare Script Tutorial: Brazilian (English translation)
- Heu's Free Tutorials: RWX Lexicon (French version: Léxique RWX): general RWX info
HenrikG's Texture Tutorial (local copy): texture mapping tutorial
- Magine's Intro to RWX Modeling: Not what I would call an intro to RWX modelling, but it has lots of example RWXs (including texture mapping) that might help.
- Richard F. Ferraro's Learn 3D Graphics Programming on the PC: bookcover; based on RenderWare 1.4 (three versions before RW3); comes with complete source code; ISBN 0-201-48332-7.
Modelling for Active Worlds with trueSpace 4 tutorial : also includes general avatar info
RenderWare Tutorials : "How to reduce the number of vertices in spheres"
- SWE's "World of 3DS Max" crate tutorial
- Virtech's (NoMad 1/Mindseye)
Renderware Object Creation Resource Center
- Wikipedia RenderWare entry: An open-content encyclopedia article on RenderWare; feel free to contribute.
Note: most likely won't have them.
- TheLiquidAteHer (formerly Abracadata)'s "Design Your Own Home 3D Walkaround" & "3D Railroad Concept & Design" objects/textures: RWX, RWB (binary format; use Neil Colvin's Modeler to view RWB and save to RWX format), textures (BMPs), as well as TIF thumbnails of some of the objects. Other archives contain 3DS objects.
- Ananas' objects
- AWI's Object and Avatar Libraries: AlphaWorld (AW), Mars, and Colony Alpha (Colony), and Megapath (3D Homepage) objects (+ avatars & sequences), textures, and sounds.
RenderWare Demonstration Programs (bug Criterion about 'em and maybe they'll make 'em available again)...or try
- Dachs' RWX-Objects: Objects, images, and links to his AW locations where more of his objects are used.
- Foxy's modular lakes (and streams)
- Greylight's Active Worlds Objects
- Guardian's Free Stuff
- Heartfall Productions' Free RWX Objects and ObjectYard.com Free RWX Models
- Heu's Alusion: Free RWX/COB Objects (includes objects by other people), ground, avatars, etc
- Imagine's OBJECTS: for-sale
- Lady Murasaki's Murasaki 3D: free and for-sale
- Lady NightHawk's
* FREE * ActiveWorlds Objects
- Lightwave's avatars: free and for-sale
- Mix Master's Free Models
- Mizzy's Free Objects
- Objects d'Active Worlds: object donations
- Virtech (NoMad 1/Mindseye): modular trees and new paths (try for old paths and other objects not on the new site)
- Rixen's Stuff I Made
RJeneration (last down as of 10/3/2K; )
- Robbie's Free & For Sale Objects/Avatars: trueSpace avatars and objects
- Starheart's Models: free and for-sale objects
- The UK VR-SIG 3D Object Archive - The RENDERWARE Object Supermarket: Basically it looks like most, if not all, of the objects from Criterion's RenderWare 2.x demos; textures.
- Tassen KT's RWX Models
- Wizard of Bits' The World of Joy Free Objects
- Zola3D's Free OBJECTS