To Turbo Pascal - Rview bugs

To Turbo Pascal - Rview bugs

Replies | Reply | Tomb Raider Level Editor & Utility Discussion Forum

Posted by Bart on July 31, 2000 at 14:31:38:

Hi Turbo,

I have the newest Rview and I wanted to rebuild your home-made The Fenician Temple level with the better AI.
Now I use the tre,itm,msh from the newest TReditor zip file.
When I build it, all textures are wrong in the level.
I tried to import the .msh with Rview, and here is bug #1: it won't show the imported mesh (but the old mesh/textures). Please check this.
I don't know how Rview works 'inside the program', but I thought maybe it will save the level with the new meshes (just won't show them). But apparetly it saves the thing what you see.
Now it is possible that the fenician temple .msh is wrong (I don't know) or TReditor and Rview open the .msh wrong. I doubt that, so the .msh is wrong.
How it can be wrong? Rview saves the .msh wrong. But I can't check that because it won't show the new meshes (see above).

Closed Rview and started a new try. (because bug with dxf and msh in the same session exists)
I tried exporting all rooms from original level to .dxf but it saves the wrong room than the current one, and with different texture numbers. (OR it imports them wrong)

Pretty hard to explain it all, but just check in Rview code, and I'm sure you will find various bugs which makes these functions unusable:
-dxf import/export
-msh import/export

Thanks,
Bart.

Replies:

Name:

Email:

Subject:

Optional
Link URL:

Link Title:

Image URL: