Re: I didnt believe it !!!!! ;-P

Re: I didnt believe it !!!!! ;-P

Replies | Reply | Tomb Raider Level Editor & Utility Discussion Forum

Posted by Tomb Biker on August 22, 2000 at 07:49:30:

In reply to: I didnt believe it !!!!! ;-P posted by A BIG LARA FAN (NEO27) on August 21, 2000 at 21:08:03:

Hi P,

> Today i saw great news.
Hope you meant the news on THIS site....

> Its terrific when we got the editor we can look down to the other games
> *laugh* like Q3A ,Half Life why does this Games get all stuffs like Tools SDK
> and so on. And a great game such as Tombraider must be hold like a secret in
> a Treasure. So anybody can't makes his own Adventures with an editor. I think
> the times changes at this time its another revolution in game edition. Games
> must grow with there users :-) I would only say Thx to all the people who
> makes this possible and let the games grow with there users *EOL*

Yeah, the diference between Tomb Raider and the other games are the people behind them. Maybe youīve seen TR1/2 in some boxed edition w/ lots of other games together sold for about half of the original price. Other great games like Half-Life are still sold in the original package and the price didnīt drop that much. Lara was a kind of money machine for 'them' and soon as her star begins to drop theyīll drop HER. TR5 (TR4 Gold) will be the last TR game in its original form but why? The shop where I bought TR3 and TR4 bought lots of copies for the christmas business in that years and they still seem to stick to the boards as if they are glued to them. This might be a prob of illegal copying, too but itīs obvious that people are tired of playing always the same old levels (donīt get me wrong, I still do it sometimes). There isnīt a real thril in them anymore (How often have you tried until managing to escape from the boulders in TR2 wall level? Once done... where is the problem?)
TR community is big enough by now but there are games to come w/ more thrills and more exploring features and maybe w/ level editors. So, if they drop Lara, here are some guys like Roy, Turbo and all the others who will catch her and maybe people will find back to the original thril.

Stay tuned

TB

Replies:

Name:

Email:

Subject:

Optional
Link URL:

Link Title:

Image URL:

Replies | Reply | Tomb Raider Level Editor & Utility Discussion Forum