Ideas to ease the work for the Rest of Us...

Ideas to ease the work for the Rest of Us...

Replies | Reply | Tomb Raider Level Editor & Utility Discussion Forum

Posted by BitShifter on May 27, 2000 at 11:41:52:

I have made the document produced by the TextureAssign an exact structural copy of the data as they would be in a level file.

This format is posted within the DL installable package from my site.

That way, anybody who would use such can, easily. It also makes insertion into an existing (or new) level file ridiculously easy (as long as you keep your head when handling offsets :-) ).

I was wondering if others who work on editing levels have kept the same structure as in the level for the data they are working on.

And if they would post their format. I was thinking about the TRE file, but any other could do the same.

I'm kinda working also on a small schema which would show the dependance of data block one to another. This would make selecting which data to work on next easier, as it's easier changing one whole block with one or two well defined dependencies, than making small changes inside a big one with multiple interior dependancies.
Like I noted that in the texture/spite thing, there are four blocks of data (ObjectTexture/AnimatedTextures/SpriteTextures/SpiteSequences) (and they refer to one another) but only two links to outside data.
One is to the texture strip itself and is soft: as long as something, anything, is there it will work, and one is "hard": the sprite sequences refer to an Object offset, one per sequence, on which the sprite is "projected" or "suspended".

Another example is the room block (including the floordata). I noted they of course have texture offsets for each polygon so that is *one* link to an outside object. Any otehr links I might ahve missed?

The goal is to make editing of (relatively) simple data block easy by cutting down on the number of peanuts one *has* to eat to get the job done.

And to make easy the job of stitching all those partial files together.

Any thoughts on this?

I will post my schema when I have more data.

Replies:

Name:

Email:

Subject:

Optional
Link URL:

Link Title:

Image URL:

Replies | Reply | Tomb Raider Level Editor & Utility Discussion Forum