Re: Do we need more than one file for a game?

Re: Do we need more than one file for a game?

Replies | Reply | Tomb Raider Level Editor & Utility Discussion Forum

Posted by Tomb Biker on May 30, 2000 at 19:01:39:

In reply to: Do we need more than one file for a game? posted by BitShifter on May 30, 2000 at 12:02:08:

: I was just looking at the coordinate system in the Rosetta and quickly figured the maximum size *one* room could have in one level.

: The horizontal dimensions are a bit32 which is 2,147,483,647 units in max value. Each floor square is 1024 units so we can build a level to have a total number of 2,097,152 on a side. we are not so lucky witht he height since data constraints would limit the max height at 60 sqhares.

: If each square is the equivalent of 8 feets (eyed by comparing to Lara's height), we'd get a single-room level of around 3,000 plus miles on a side.

: Think about that: a whole continent.

: I'd hate to have to do the textures for all those polygons, though. :-)

: Think about the item list, man....

Hey, youīre right but thereīs a prob, I think...

See I havenīt a high end machine under my table (P233 the P without a 2 or 3 behind the P, donīt laugh I still do everything with it) and sometimes it was really xxxxing hard to play the outdoor levels like the sphinx level in TRIV or some of the TRIII levels, too.
Itīs not a problem of cliping of the TR engine but if you have this big area ,it would be great if you get a great look to it from some places. Think of the amount of polygons my poor little Pentium must render in such case.
Canīt put so many oīs in sloooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooow to give you a picture here ;-)

TB

Replies:

Name:

Email:

Subject:

Optional
Link URL:

Link Title:

Image URL:

Replies | Reply | Tomb Raider Level Editor & Utility Discussion Forum