One level=one world

One level=one world

Replies | Reply | Tomb Raider Level Editor & Utility Discussion Forum

Posted by BitShifter on May 31, 2000 at 11:30:17:

In reply to: Re: Do we need more than one file for a game? posted by Tomb Biker on May 30, 2000 at 19:01:39:

: : I was just looking at the coordinate system in the Rosetta and quickly figured the maximum size *one* room could have in one level.

: : The horizontal dimensions are a bit32 which is 2,147,483,647 units in max value. Each floor square is 1024 units so we can build a level to have a total number of 2,097,152 on a side. we are not so lucky witht he height since data constraints would limit the max height at 60 sqhares.

: : If each square is the equivalent of 8 feets (eyed by comparing to Lara's height), we'd get a single-room level of around 3,000 plus miles on a side.

: : Think about that: a whole continent.

: : I'd hate to have to do the textures for all those polygons, though. :-)

: : Think about the item list, man....

: Hey, youīre right but thereīs a prob, I think...

: See I havenīt a high end machine under my table (P233 the P without a 2 or 3 behind the P, donīt laugh I still do everything with it) and sometimes it was really xxxxing hard to play the outdoor levels like the sphinx level in TRIV or some of the TRIII levels, too.
: Itīs not a problem of cliping of the TR engine but if you have this big area ,it would be great if you get a great look to it from some places. Think of the amount of polygons my poor little Pentium must render in such case.
: Canīt put so many oīs in sloooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooow to give you a picture here ;-)

Maybe some flag to pull fog in in case it takes more than a certain time to render...

...anyway it was jsut a thought.

Replies:

Name:

Email:

Subject:

Optional
Link URL:

Link Title:

Image URL:

Replies | Reply | Tomb Raider Level Editor & Utility Discussion Forum