Re: number of sides...

Re: number of sides...

Replies | Reply | Tomb Raider Level Editor & Utility Discussion Forum

Posted by BitShifter on June 21, 2000 at 11:36:06:

In reply to: number of sides... posted by Tomb Biker on June 19, 2000 at 12:42:19:

: Hi Bitshifter,

: You probably know the Lost Artifact levels, especially the zoo.tr2. The level looks great but there is lack of different looks especially in the french town. I remembered the sight of at least 3 Café de Flore buildings and I donīt think that this was only caused by the lazyness of Eidosī level designers. Maybe they arenīt as good as the designers from Core but they wonīt ruin a level that way.

Might be some problem with keeping textures in memory then...back to the drawing board.

: : ...Braid Gal yatching across an *ocean*....with only two island. one at each opposite corner.

: Well, this should be no problem, I think. I managed to connect 6 rooms from about 30x30 units each. The thing worked except one thing. The numbers of polygons in sight are limited so you will have a flicker (especailly near the portals) in that level as long as you donīt set the lights very dark.

...maybe some "night" cruising with flickering stars like in UB , Egypt.

:We havenīt got fog ( I mean the real fog, as used in other engines)or steam or something like that but maybe we could use the semi transparent thing that was used in the India level. As far as I remember this was used in a portal area only. Hey, we just try out this.

May be hase some sunray come down from the cloud cover and turn water to "steam"..

: BTW have you ever tried to set the sky flag to an underwater room? Great effect! The water will be gone but the moving tiles effect at the 'ground' is still there and the best of all: Lara doesnīt swim anymore, she walks!

Sorry, I don't edit rooms yet. And I find the existing programs so complex (or the GUI so hard) that I might just make my own after the TextureAssing thing.

: : I received a request to be able to edit the sprites and their sequences, look for some update in about two weeks top.

: Hey this is (except the triangular faces) the thing we need most.

: Iīll watch out for that

...you have to supply your own screen object to project the sprite on, though. That I can't set.

Replies:

Name:

Email:

Subject:

Optional
Link URL:

Link Title:

Image URL:

Replies | Reply | Tomb Raider Level Editor & Utility Discussion Forum