Re: TR 3D models, why individual .bmp textured?

Re: TR 3D models, why individual .bmp textured?

Replies | Reply | Tomb Raider Level Editor & Utility Discussion Forum

Posted by Tomb Biker on June 23, 2000 at 18:44:34:

In reply to: TR 3D models, why individual .bmp textured? posted by Kevin on June 23, 2000 at 18:06:44:

Hi Kev,

I think youīre right in some points. First thing, TR was the first game using the third person view, means that you see the main actress most of the time unlike Duke, Qu*ke or D**m or whatever early first person shooter where you must gun down the enemies quickly. Therefore she must be more life like than her enemies.

Then, Core didnīt use an existing engine as many other game crews did (Qu*ke, Half-Life, blablabla are all based on D**m, which is based on W*lfenstein)

Core didnīt follow a consequent path in using textures/skinning. When extracting with Get-Lara you might have have seen that the original Lara in ...call it jungle outfit seems to have textured legs but the Lara they used in antarctic.tr2 has grey or something legs. This might be due to the number of polygons they used for the gal.

After all I think that Coreīs TR engines are based on each other with slightly development in between (Maybe Iīm wrong but the Rosetta Stone shows up a lot of similar structures)

I didnīt play the Goldorak level but I really want to try out how this guy looks in TR3 engine.

BTW could you or your friend create a skeleton (a skinned one?) which could be used as moving enemy in TR3?

TB

Replies:

Name:

Email:

Subject:

Optional
Link URL:

Link Title:

Image URL:

Replies | Reply | Tomb Raider Level Editor & Utility Discussion Forum