RView 3 & Voodoo 3 2k woes...

RView 3 & Voodoo 3 2k woes...

Replies | Reply | Tomb Raider Level Editor & Utility Discussion Forum

Posted by Will. H on June 28, 2000 at 16:56:02:

In reply to: Re: To Bart, Opengl and Rview 3.0 posted by Bart on June 28, 2000 at 15:27:45:

I am suffering badly with my Voodoo 3 2000 and RView 3. It is sloooowwwwwww, (P2 300mhz, 64mb of ram, only program open!). TRItem 3D on the other hand is fine, and knocks out an impressive fps rate. I cannot get Rview to work AT ALL. My computer hangs for about 30 secs with no disc activity, then it carrys out my command (just clikcing on the menu for christ sake!). When I finally try and load a level, I get about 20 continuous error messages pop up afterwhich I recieve the fatal yet so common message "This program has performed an illegal operation yardy yardy yah". I suppose i'd better upgrade my drivers (not too old, upgraded from the boxed ones). I have copyed Opengl32.dll to the folder with no improvement. What can I say?

Hope you can make something of this guys, the enclosed screens look awsome, as do some of the options on the menus!

Thanks,
Will. H

: Today I uninstalled some things, re-installed DirectX 7.0a, installed Voodoo 3 OpenGl drivers and tried everything again.
: When copying/renaming opengl32.dll RView WORKS FINE (but a little bit slow, even if only one room is rendered (small room) and only textures (no lights). I don't know how this is possible, because TRitem 3d renders with HIGH fps.
: But when copying/renaming... TRitem also works fine,
: only for TRviewer coping/renaming gives errors when viewing a 3d mesh.

: Now everything works, so tomorrow I will burn a backum of the /system folder on CD :-)

: I just used Rview 3.0 for adding coloured lights in tr3 and normal lights in tr1; GREAT!
: It's so easy to use and it renders almost the same in Tomb Raider! (only some dark shadows turn out to be lighter)

: Thanks!
: Bart

Replies:

Name:

Email:

Subject:

Optional
Link URL:

Link Title:

Image URL:

Replies | Reply | Tomb Raider Level Editor & Utility Discussion Forum