RE: RE: TReditor 3d suggestions

RE: RE: TReditor 3d suggestions

Replies | Reply | Tomb Raider Level Editor & Utility Discussion Forum

Posted by Bart on July 07, 2000 at 16:43:15:

In reply to: Re: TReditor 3d suggestions posted by Turbo Pascal on July 07, 2000 at 12:36:51:

"The actual Levels are designed in
another in-house utility called the Room Editor which allows the 3D room meshes to be built from scratch, texture mapped,
light sourced, and linked together. Then objects can be added along with their trigger points and cameras, and the whole lot
previewed before outputting for use in the game."
(from eeps editor site)

: So don't worry, i promess you that treditor 3d will be a
: GREAT, ease-to-use tool to build the rooms, no more "guessing" on in.
: also, because i will code the program in my funky pentium 166, if the
: editor work well, will work beter in your computer.

I'm actually looking forwrd to it, for example, Today I used TReditor for adding a few rooms to a level I'm building, and tried to add a small half-empty water room, and to put portlas you must count the blocks from southwest corner to know where to place portal (views). In 3d this should be easy.

I like to program in object Pascal langauage only,
Roy use C++, so we can not share source code, (too bad!)
(btw what happen with your Sound edit?).

Too bad, allthough this what I expected. But maybe You and Roy can both put in TRitem 3d and TReditor 3d 'support' for working side-to-side. Do you know what I mean; both programs 'reads' the work done in edited level loads it and you can continue. Just like in ONE editor.
TRsound is maybe done in 1/2 weeks. I had a bug when compiling the code (you must know, LABview programming is pure visual. You create buttons on the program screen, make it do something by linking it with connectors to all other things loaded in memory. It worked, it only wouldn't play a sound after compiling it!
I will continue the progress and I hope this bug is away soon. It's only slow: it has to edit 12 MB files and load things into memory. One edit-action takes 0.5-3 seconds. Last months I am mostly testing with TReditor/TRitem...

: Thank you very much Bart for stay so close checking all
: aspect and pointing us what we need, realy your help is
: great.

Few questions about TReditor 3d:
Will it be able to generate triangles, and quatriangles (or something, I mean like triangles only with four faces) , and more of these faces?

And about TReditor 2d: That half-empty water room I talked about, it won't generate the faces under the water surface. I know this can be fixed with Rhino 3d (I did that once with a lille bit of Vagrants help), and I can do it again, but if you release a new version Monday (with better AI), maybe you can fix this if it is not too much work.... And in the 'old' readme stood Lara coulnd't get out of this water, (you're right) but isn't there a way to fix this? I want something like in the beginning of Nevada level.

Replies:

Name:

Email:

Subject:

Optional
Link URL:

Link Title:

Image URL:

Replies | Reply | Tomb Raider Level Editor & Utility Discussion Forum