To Bart, Opengl and Rview 3.0

To Bart, Opengl and Rview 3.0

Replies | Reply | Tomb Raider Level Editor & Utility Discussion Forum

Posted by Turbo Pascal on June 28, 2000 at 15:18:45:

: But now the new Room Viewer isn't that fast and I can't rotate textures/add lights and ...
Viewing lights works, however.

The technique used for render the rooms is almost the same that the previus,
the fastest render is at wireframe mode, then the solid mode, then the textured without lights, and last the textured mode with lights.
also Rview render 2 rooms at the same time, so selecting the same room at the both room list tell to rview only render one, (i mean, the same room will no be render twice), this will give you a better frame rate.
Also bigger room or with too much different textures on in slow the frame rate.

If speed is your only problem i think that you are in luck, you can swicth to solid or wireframe for rotate the room and then switch to texture mode for put texture and lights.
I test Rview in hardware mode using GLdirect and the problem is that in textured mode Gldirect rended the front and back side for all faces! (even when i tell opengl to render just the front) so the room get enclosed!.
I dont't know if this problem is only with gldirect or with all Opengl hardware mode.

: I know it's not your problem, but I just wanted to let you know. Rview 3.0 doesn't work well WITHOUT copying/renaming and also won't work well WITH renaming/copying.
: Oh well, I'll just copy the software opengl32.dll in Rviews folder (like was in the readme)

Ok, the solution for just coping the software opengl32.dll is when in hardware mode you have problem looking or selecting faces, the rooms should look like in the pictures that i included in the package, the room are not enclosed and you can select rectangles and triangles well and apply the textures & lights, if you can't do that then use the software opengl32.dll and i
sure you that it will work.

Note that some video card drivers replace the original
opengl32.dll, (Gldirect do that) so you must be sure that
you are using the original opengl32.dll.
Gldirect won't restore the original opengl32.dll when is unistalled
(or at least happen to me) so i had to copy it from another machine.

Hope you resolve your problem my friend.
see you.

Turbo Pascal.

Replies:

Name:

Email:

Subject:

Optional
Link URL:

Link Title:

Image URL:

Replies | Reply | Tomb Raider Level Editor & Utility Discussion Forum